Saturday 22 May 2021

Pretty in Pink Fuchsias

Hello crafty friends!  Hoping you are having a relaxing weekend, today I am featuring a stamp set by Avery Elle - Hummingbird inspired by my mum's love of fuchsia's and also celebrating her birthday in May where she would be 77 years old.  I lost my mum unexpectedly in 2009 and I miss her dearly. Her love was gardening and she collected all varieties of the Fuchsia plant, I just had to have this stamp set and create a card in her memory.

To begin I stamped the images with Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink onto Copic friendly card stock and coloured with Copic markers and then die cut with the coordinating dies.  Using a white gelly pen I added some detail to the images and added some glitter to the hummingbird and parts of the flower with a Spectrum Noir Clear Glitter pen.

For the background I cut a panel of Bristol Smooth card stock and using a hexagon layering stencil ink blended some Gina K - Innocent Pink ink with a blending brush, also adding some ink splatters to this panel.  

To finish I die cut the background panel with the Wonky Stitched Rectangle Die by Whimsy Stamps and adhered this panel to an A2 Card base and finishing off by adding a few sequins from my stash.

Supplies Used:

  • Avery Elle - Hummingbird Stamp and Coordinating Die Set
  • Copic Markers
  • Neenah 110lb Card Stock
  • Bristol Smooth Card Stock
  • Honeybee Stamps - Hexagon Layering Stencil
  • Gina K Ink - Innocent Pink
  • Gina K - Connect Glue
  • Whimsy Stamps - Wonky Stitched Rectangles Die
  • White Gelly Roll Pen
  • Spectrum Noir Clear Glitter Pen
  • Sequins
Copics

Fuchsia: V17, V15, V12, V01, RV14, RV13, RV11 - Hummingbird: RV14, RV13, RV11, YG13, YG11



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You make my life magical, Dad!

  Welcome back to my blog!  Today I am featuring a card I made using the Magical Dragons stamp set by MFT and Tiny Textures by Gina K Design...