Monday 21 June 2021

You make my life magical, Dad!


 Welcome back to my blog!  Today I am featuring a card I made using the Magical Dragons stamp set by MFT and Tiny Textures by Gina K Designs.  I was inspired to make this card as it was Fathers Day yesterday and my young teenager who has ASD asked me to make a card for his Dad. His Dad loves mythical dragons and as his favourite colour is red I decided to colour them red with my Copic Markers.  

I began by stamping out the images from the stamp set using Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink onto Copic friendly card stock and coloured them with copic markers and die cut with their co-ordinating dies.

For the background I used the tiny textures stamp and using Red Velvet Ink stamped recreating a splattered type background, to break up the red I used Soft Stone Ink smooshed onto my craft mat and added some splatters with a paintbrush. I popped this aside to dry. Whilst this was drying I die cut the word "DAD" using some alphabet dies from patterned paper and to add dimension die cut extra out onto some white card stock these were adhered together using connect glue.

To finish off the card using an A2 card base in Cherry Red I adhered the background panel, stamped the sentiment using Versafine Clair Nocturn Black ink, and added some sequins.  Hope you like the card, please feel free to comment, comments are always appreciated.  Hoping you have a great day!

Supplies Used:

  • MFT - Magical Dragons Stamp Set & Dies
  • MFT - Poppin Polka Dots Paper Pad
  • Gina K Designs - Red Velvet & Soft Stone Ink 
  • Gina K Designs - Tiny Textures Stamp Set
  • Gina K Designs - Connect Glue
  • Gina K Designs - Cherry Red Card Stock
  • Lawn Fawn - Oliver's Alphabet Dies
  • Lawn Fawn - Jet Black Ink
  • Little Things from Lucy's Cards - Sequins
  • Trinity Stamps - Modern Embossed Rectangle Dies
  • Copic Markers - R29, R27, R24, R22, C5, C4, C3, C1, Colourless Blender


No comments:

Post a Comment

You make my life magical, Dad!

  Welcome back to my blog!  Today I am featuring a card I made using the Magical Dragons stamp set by MFT and Tiny Textures by Gina K Design...