Monday 31 May 2021

Folk Birds


Hi and welcome back to my blog! What a glorious Bank Holiday Monday we are having here in the UK, the sun is shining and a couple birds nest we have in our garden are full of activity as the eggs have now hatched and we have lots of joyful tweeting which inspired me to make a card featuring the Folk Art Birds set by Pink Fresh Studio I was excited to try out some hot foiling techniques which is very popular at the moment.

To begin, I cut an A2 panel using a piece of Red Velvet card stock by Gina K and using my Gemini Foil Press hot foiled the panel with the Folk Art Birds Hot Foil Plate using Gold Foil by Crafters Companion.  I then die cut this with a stitched rectangle die and using some Black Onyx card stock foiled the birds with some rose gold foil press and then die cut them with the coordinating dies.

I adhered the panel to an A2 card base using tape runner, popped up the birds with foam squares to add some dimension to the card and foiled the sentiment from the Perfect Sentiments by Pink Fresh Studio, to finish I added a few clear dew drops.  Thanks for stopping by and wishing you a great day!

Supplies Used:

  • Pink Fresh Studio - Folk Art Birds Hot Foil Plate
  • Pink Fresh Studio - Folk Art Birds Die
  • Pink Fresh Studio - Perfect Sentiments Hot Foil Plate
  • Pink Fresh Studio - Perfect Sentiments Die
  • Gina K Cardstock - Black Onyx, Red Velvet
  • Gina K - Connect Glue
  • Gina K - Clear Dew Drops
  • Gemini Foil Press Machine
  • Gemini Junior Die Cutting Machine
  • Gemini Foil Press Papercraft Foil - Rose Gold Foil


No comments:

Post a Comment

You make my life magical, Dad!

  Welcome back to my blog!  Today I am featuring a card I made using the Magical Dragons stamp set by MFT and Tiny Textures by Gina K Design...