Thursday 13 May 2021

Batty About You!


Happy Thursday all!  Today I am back featuring a card I have created using the Batty Newton stamp by Newton's Nook.  I just love this cute little fella and I am sure he is totally batty about you!

I am entering this card into the Modsquad|Challenge where the challenge is to use a book page or anything with the written word as your background so I chose to design a Halloween card using a wordy background stamp.

I stamped the image using Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink on a piece of Neenah Solar White cardstock and started colouring my image using Copics (see combos used below).  I then cut then out the image with the coordinating die. I also added some details to the adorable little fella bat wings with a white gelly roll pen.

For the background panel I used a background stamp from MFT and using Gina K - Wild Wisteria Ink stamped the wordy image onto a piece of Gina K - Lovely Lavender cardstock, I then die cut this panel with a stitched rectangle die.  To create the circle layer, using a panel I had previously ink blended in my stash I die cut this out using a stitched circle die.  The clouds were created with a stencil using Dusty Concord Distress Ink on a piece of purple card stock and then I added some ink splatters.

To finish I adhered the background panel to an A2 card base using Gina K cardstock in Black Onyx and to add some finishing touches to the card I stamped some bats in black ink and die cut these, added some glitter and using Gina K connect glue adhered these in place.  The Sentiment was embossed with Gina K Fine Detail White Embossing Powder on Black Onyx cardstock and cut out with a banner die.

Hope you have a great day and thanks for stopping by, please feel free to leave a comment will make my day!  Hugz Becky :)

Products Used:

Gina K Cardstock - Black Onyx, Lovely Lavender

Gina K Ink - Wild Wisteria

Gina K - Connect Glue

Gina K - Embossing Powder Fine Detail White

Distress Ink - Dusty Concord

Lawn Fawn - Every Day Sentiment Banners

MFT -  A2 Stitched Rectangles Stax Set 2

MFT - Stitched Circle Dies

MFT - Mini Cloud Stencil

MFT - Ghoulish Greetings Background Stamp

MFT - Witch Way Is The Candy Stamp Set (Sentiment)

Newtons Nook - Batty Newton Stamp and Coordinating Dies

Neenah Solar White Card Stock

Spectrum Noir Clear Glitter Pen

White Gelly Roll Pen

Copic Colour Combos

Newton:  C4, C2, C1, C0

Tummy:  C1, C00

Inside Ears:  RV52, RV00

Bat Wings:  V17, V15, V12

No comments:

Post a Comment

You make my life magical, Dad!

  Welcome back to my blog!  Today I am featuring a card I made using the Magical Dragons stamp set by MFT and Tiny Textures by Gina K Design...