Sunday 11 April 2021

Perfectly Pantone 2


As the title suggests I just had to make another card with the Pantone colours of 2021 which are grey and yellow and will be entering this second card into the Modsquad|Challenge.  I had so much fun creating this card mainly using products from Gina K Designs.  I am such a huge fan of Gina K products and am so glad we have a couple of stockists here in the UK.  One of my favourites is her card stock the quality is amazing!

So let's begin!

Using Gina K - Layering Weight Cardstock in white, I die cut the postage stamp die from the Master Layouts Set 4 Die Set.  I then gently blended Lemon Drop Ink with a blending brush to the postage stamp cut outs whilst the card stock was still in place in the die this gives a nice little white border around the edges of the die cut.  

I then stamped images from the Heart Flutter stamp set using Slate Ink, this is a very dark shade of grey and is almost black in colour.  I also stamped a butterfly from the Triple Play Frames and the bee from the Springtime Baskets stamp sets which appear to be no longer available for purchase.  I also added some splatters to the postage die cuts using Wild Dandelion Ink and added a few drops of Liquid Stardust to the ink which gives a lovely glitter effect to the splatters.

Using the Master Layouts Set 1 Die Set I cut two panels of cardstock out one in Moonlit Fog and Slate which I then mounted and adhered with tape runner.  I arranged the postage stamp die cuts onto the Moonlit fog panel using Connect Glue.

The sentiment from the Take Care stamp set was stamped with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink directly onto the Moonlit fog panel.

To assemble the card I prepared an A2 card base using Wild Dandelion card stock, adhering the panels to the base of the card using tape runner, finally finishing the card by adding some yellow gemstones for that extra pop!

Hoping you have had a great weekend, stay safe and take care!

1 comment:

  1. Another fabulous card! I really like what you have done with those layouts dies, this is a perfect example of Pantone. Thanks for playing along with us once again over at The Mod Squad.

    ReplyDelete

You make my life magical, Dad!

  Welcome back to my blog!  Today I am featuring a card I made using the Magical Dragons stamp set by MFT and Tiny Textures by Gina K Design...